Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Super Grandpa

I am a lucky man in many aspects of my life, but one thing I am especially lucky to have is all of my grandparents living. Last Friday my Grandpa Theurer turned 90 years old and the wholefamily got together to celebrate his birthday. While some families might celebrate a 90th birthday quietly with cake we celebrated it with bowling. When I told one of my friends this they laughed and proceeded to an impression of an old man trying to throw a bowling ball. They have never met my grandpa.

My grandpa is an avid golfer during the warm months and consistently shoots in the 80's and 90's. That is good for any amateur golfer but amazing for someone his age. I doubt that there are very many golfers out there that can shoot less than their age in golf!

When it is too cold for golf my grandpa gets together with his buddies and goes bowling. The week before his birthday he bowled in the 220's!! Basically my Grandpa Theurer is awesome.



The whole Theurer Family with my Grandpa and Grandma in the middle.


Me and my Uncle Rich who is also amazing.


My Grandpa's awesome bowling birthday cake.

One more amazing part of my grandpa that I almost forgot to mention. He is a good luck charm. The night we went bowling I bowled to two best games of my life (180 and 140) and got the only two turkeys of my life. Grandpa was impressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment