Sunday, April 11, 2010

Commando

This week some friends and I got together and played possibly the best night game ever, commando. For those of you who haven’t played commando, it is a night game where you have one counter, several bases, and many commandos. The counter will announce that he will count to a certain number and then close his eyes and count all the way down from that number. The purpose of the game is for the commandos to touch all the bases and then tag the counter without being seen by the counter and called out.

It might seem simple but this game is a lot of fun. The whole time you are madly dashing to the next base or spot hiding spot and then diving to hide yourself before the counter reaches zero and opens his eyes. The adrenaline gets pumping and you find yourself attempting feats that normally would raise a red “don’t do that” flag. At one point I underestimated the height of a drop as well as the bushes underneath. The counter was about to reach zero and so I vaulted over the fence only to find myself crashing down through some not so friendly bushes. Did it hurt? O yea. Was it worth it? Of course! I didn’t even get caught. And that was just one of many awesome (and sometimes painful) stunts pulled by my friends and me that night.

So next time you are looking for something amazingly fun to do at night GO COMMANDO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment