Sunday, February 28, 2010

Iron Chef

This week we had an amazing ward activity, Iron Chef Olympics. Personally I am a big fan of Iron Chef on the food network and lately I have been baking a lot, so when I heard that we were doing an Iron Chef activity to make desserts I was really excited. My excitement only increased once I found out what the secret ingredient was, Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.

Each team was made up of the FHE families and my FHE family is awesome so as soon as we found out what the secret ingredient was we took off running to my apartment and started thinking of ideas. We shot off a bunch of tasty peanut butter ideas and finally settled on a delectable concoction. We made a crust from the peanut butter crunch, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. We layered it with chocolate pudding, another crust, and topped it with a homemade chocolate sauce, vanilla cream sauce, and a strudel made from the peanut butter crunch. All I can say is, delicious. Iron chef is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment